Assists the Controller in all phases of finance & accounting activities to ensure that the plant financial statements accurately reflect operations results and financial position.
Also, provides support and guidance to bakery and sales stakeholders on matters of proper accounting practices as outlined by the Plant Controller, Regional Controller, and VP, Plant Finance (Corporate Finance).
Requires knowledge and competency of all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality and requires frequent interaction with the Shared Service, sales team and leadership at the primary work location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Assists with weekly income statement estimates and preparation
- Prepares and enters journal vouchers
- Maintains weekly reporting (corporate and local)
- Assists with the period, quarter, and year-end accounting closing process
- Analyzes general ledger accounts and prepare associated quarterly and annual schedules
- Supports, backup, and cross-train to fulfill duties associated with Company Routes & Distributor Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Assists in the monitoring, timely follow-up, and collection efforts associated with Customer Trade Receivables
- Assists in the preparation of the annual financial planning process, including capital budgets
- Assists with individual and quarterly product costing
- Assists in the preparation of personal property tax and business license filings
- Works with the Controller and across departments to help ensure compliance with SOX and Internal Audit requirements, including Inventory Management
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies, and procedures.
- 2-3 years of experience in Accounting, internships included
- Working knowledge of GAAP requirements
- SAP ERP & BlackLine experience and SEC reporting requirements a plus
Bachelor of Business in Accounting required; Finance considered.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/01/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Timothy Andrew Kelly at Timothy.Kelly@flocorp.com or 504 241-1206.
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods