Los Angeles, CA, USA
Under the supervision of the Manager, responsible for scheduling general Nuclear Medicine and PET/CT procedures for outpatient and inpatient in both Westwood and Santa Monica sites.
Major duties include: Scheduling patients in person and over the phone, verifying insurance benefits for requested procedures, confirming and obtaining appropriate authorization for office visits, procedures, therapies, etc., informing patients of their financial responsibility before their appointment, confirming appointments with appropriate preparation instructions, coordinating interdepartmental services (transport, anesthesia, EEG, etc), coordinating/collaborating with other UC Departments and performing special projects as assigned.
Pay Range: $26.99 – $38.66 / hour
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook e-mail, Word, Excel and basic knowledge of PC applications.
* Ability to work independently and exercise appropriate decisions with minimum supervision.
* Strong communication skills to interact with psychiatric patients and explaining department’s policies as they relate to appointment scheduling, billing, collections and registration.
* Experience in working as part of a team, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with all staff members, management and the public.
* Skill in organizing and prioritizing assignments.
* Knowledge of Care Connect (EPIC) systems.
* Working knowledge of Medi-Cal, HMO’s, PPO’s, third party payors, etc., authorizations and eligibility requirements and regulations.