Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Anesthesia Technician Medical Student
OUHP Adult Anesthesiology
General Description: Under general supervision, performs maintenance and distribution of anesthesia equipment and supplies as requested by the anesthesiologist, anesthetist and other support staff in the operating rooms. Stocks supplies, drugs and equipment to facilitate departmental functions.
- Performs maintenance and distribution of anesthesia equipment and supplies as requested by the anesthesiologist, anesthetist and other support staff in the operating rooms.
- Stocks supplies, drugs and equipment to facilitate department functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must be a medical student in 3rd or 4th year of medical school.
Experience: None required. 6 months experience in a surgical setting, medical supplies or equipment inventory preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Basic Life Support – Healthcare provider (American Heart Association) required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of anesthesia methods and procedures in the operating room as it relates to supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of basic inventory control.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers and staff.
Current OU Health Employees – Please click HERE to login.
OU Health is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.