Santa Monica, CA, USA
The Clinical Information Assistant will assist Orthopaedic Surgery Physicians as assigned with various administrative aspects of patient care in the Orthopaedic Clinics in Westwood, Santa Monica, and the South Bay. These include documentation of history and physical findings in the electronic Care Connect medical record, follow-up of laboratory and x-ray results, paging consults, and assisting in patient admission, transfers or discharges Will work in close association with residents and attending physicians and will be part of the Orthopaedic Surgery team. Clinical Information Assistant will also be required to aid in “chart auditing” both in real-time and retrospectively, which includes reviewing physicians’ charts and procedure notes to ensure completeness, sending incomplete charts back to physicians and maintaining/updating a work queue log utilized by our coders.
Salary range: $22.81 Hourly
· Ability to perform under the pressure of frequent interruptions and distractions
· Ability to handle confidential material while protecting its strict confidentiality
· Ability to proofread very detailed materials and monitor work accurately
· Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and diplomatically interact with others
· Ability to speak clearly and distinctly using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information.
· Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision
· Ability to maintain equanimity in the face of resistance, indifference or hostility
· Knowledge and skill in using various computer programs such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook email, and basic database software.
· Ability to organize and track multiple records and requests and follow through in a timely manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers, faculty, residents, students, University representatives, patients and the public
· Detailed knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to distinguish different exams and medical diagnoses.
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of E&M codes and the level of documentation necessary for each billing level
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
· Bachelor’s degree