Jackson, MS, USA
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Int Med Clinic – Specialties and Primary Care
Main Campus Jackson
Customer Care Rep – Int Med-Pavilion Ste G&F
To provide a range of front-end customer service, financial and support activities to ensure an optimal customer service experience.
Education & Experience
High school diploma/GED and two (2) years of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education/experience. Healthcare preferred.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of methods and principles for providing customer service. Knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge of patient registration and medical insurance claims and procedures. Verbal communication skills. Interpersonal and customer service skills. Organizational and professional skills. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing. Inputs patient registration utilizing practice management software and verifies the accuracy of information.
- Obtains and documents information from referring physician’s office.
- Verifies benefit information and makes patient referrals for financial counseling as required.
- Reviews insurance plans for referral and authorization requirements, documenting in the patient care record. Works with payors to obtain these as indicated by the patient treatment plan.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and ancillary procedures for patients during registration or check-out and makes modifications as required.
- Collects and documents patient payments and balances cash collection activities daily.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):