Contract/Employment dependent on location/jurisdiction
(Full Time – 100% Remote Work)
Time Zone: Between CET and ET
Language: English Fluency
Holochain is a rapidly growing, disruptive global tech startup with a recently released Beta open source framework infrastructure technology for distributed peer-to-peer applications. Holochain is fast, massively scalable, cost-effective, resource-efficient, and energy efficient.
Holo, which is built on Holochain, is a distributed cloud platform and marketplace for hosting and serving other Holochain applications to everyday users connected to the Internet. Holo brings access to distributed applications to the familiar web browser by creating an ecosystem and a currency that enables distributed hosting services provided by peers.
With Holo, we envision a world where people own their own data and control their identity and privacy, a world where communities create together with patterns and tech designed to maximise individual, social and environmental well-being. We aim to make distributed peer-to-peer computing accessible to everyone.
Where you will fit in:
Where you will fit in:
We are looking for a Head of Developer Relations (DevRel) for Holochain. DevRelâs mission at Holochain is to nurture engaged communities with a focus on developers that use and contribute to the tech and products in the Holochain ecosystem.
DevRel at Holochain has two different audiences with slightly different motions required to engage them. One is a growth motion directed at current and potential Holochain commercial projects as well as the open-source software (OSS) developers building on the Holochain framework. Holochainâs first users are developers.The DevRel job here is to facilitate and nurture trial use, adoption and development of best practices of the framework and tooling. This work is primarily directed at open source and is about developing presence and growing mindshare for open source technologies and the CAL license. The goal is to help build communities of users, contributors and committers of apps and libraries via advocacy for the use of open-source technologies that allow developers to build the future web.
The impact you will have: Skills and Experience:
You will grow and nurture thriving OSS communities around Holochain and develop external champions that talk about Holochain and our OSS offerings. Some sample projects in this workstream: Communities in Action, Holochain Solution/Flagship/Research Partners, Holochain Beacons and a Certified Developer Program.
Our goals include:
- enabling local developer/project communities to grow and thrive
- establishing partnerships with dev shops and labs as well as universities that will teach a generation of incoming students about the benefits of distributed tech and Holochain
- establishing Holochain as the go-to tech infrastructure for P2P applications in the open-source world
- building a network of experts who share their knowledge and teach developers about the Holochain ecosystem
You will curate and deliver thought leadership through high-quality content (blogs, talks, videos, AMAs, technical documentation) that establish Holochain in the distributed infrastructure space in partnership and coordination with our commercial bizdev team and our marketing and social teams.
- Attract, engage, and coach world class community developer advocates
- Scale internal and external teams at a growth startup with open-source technologies
- Develop broad advocacy and influence in developer communities, with a strong network in the broader DevRel community
- Develop programs from concept to implementation engaging support in a widely distributed and relatively loosely managed environment
- Experience leading and scaling DevRel in a complex technical domain, such as on databases or cloud services or blockchain
- Demonstrated ability lead such that teams build with high velocity and quality while delivering to demanding plans with complex trade-offs
- Demonstrated ability to build advocacy and influence in developer communities
- Have a technical background, preferably a background with distributed systems and/or crypto and experience working with open-source software
- Experience creating and launching new programs and campaigns within developer communities
Desired Background or Capacities:
- Comfort working cross-functionally with engineering, bizdev, and marketing; ability to understand product and customer personas
- Comfort and ability to create from your own and other peopleâs vision
- Capable of sense-making and creating coherence with a diverse team
Some details about what we offer:
- Market salary (National Currency)
- Crypto Pay Program (HoloFuel / HOT)
- Supportive introductory period
- Regular team meetings (remote/video)
- Collaborative and inspiring culture
- Flexible work schedules and vacation
- Motivated, passionately engaged and evolutionary global teammates
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Holochain, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equality of opportunity standards. Individuals looking to work with Holochain are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Source: Remote OK