- The maintenance engineer apprentice program is a hands-on training program designed to prepare individuals to perform scheduled as well as unscheduled maintenance tasks in a fast – paced bakery environment.
- Maintenance engineering apprentices will further develop their electrical and mechanical skills in order to support the production technician in maintaining an efficient operation.
- At the end of the program, in order to be considered for full-time employment, it is necessary for the engineering apprentice to be in possession of or capable of acquiring licenses required by the city or state to work with boilers, refrigeration and various other job related equipment.
- Maintenance engineering apprentices must have the aptitude and desire for continued training because of on-going technological improvements.
- Maintenance engineering apprentices must be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week on the job while taking in-school educational instruction and must be able to commit to additional hours during school holidays.
- Maintenance engineering apprentices must be flexible and adaptable as they will be required to learn and demonstrate the ability to perform job assignments throughout the facility.
- In addition, it is the responsibility of apprentices to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and their co-workers.
- Position requires the ability to learn and demonstrate proficiency in the use of Enterprise software including data input, data retrieval, reporting, and other functions as needed.
- Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team. Position ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
- Position performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
Under supervision of designated supervisor, the maintenance engineering apprentice will:
- Learn and demonstrate the ability to perform assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn and demonstrate the ability to perform scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery.
- Learn and demonstrate ability to respond to and correct equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown.
- Learn and demonstrate ability to troubleshoot (when necessary) as well as ability to repair/replace worn/defective parts, motors, control devices, etc.
- Learn and demonstrates ability to operate machine shop equipment, hand tools, power hand tools, and make required parts when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area.
- Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
The engineering apprenticeship program is a hands-on training program that teaches the knowledge and skills needed to progress as an engineering technician at any Flowers’ facility. As such, relocation may be required.
Completion of or enrollment in a curriculum of approximately 40 hours of industrial maintenance with 9 extra hours of PLC training.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/06/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Randall Shea Brock at Shea.Brock@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods