Develop and implement environmental, health, safety, and sustainability programs that ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, and corporate guidelines. Develop and implement a comprehensive environmental, safety, health and sustain-ability program aligned with Division and Corporate business strategy.
- Ensure that the facility and all contractors/vendors comply with all Federal, State and Local Safety Regulations. Ensure training as needed.
- Perform regular safety inspections and ensure compliance with corporate safety and government standards.
- Ensure training for applicable regulatory and corporate safety standards is completed. Provide safety topics and materials to supervisors to review during shift meetings.
- Investigate all injuries and illnesses, reports findings to the appropriate Department Head, help determine accident root cause, and provide corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Chair the Safety Committee and collaborate with all department heads to manage the overall safety program and assist with accident investigations.
- Serve as lead contact for regulatory inspections (OSHA) and citation abatement, informal conference and other regulatory agency interactions
- Report all safety policy changes and OSHA or Department of Labor communications to Corporate Safety team for legal review and approval.
- Ensure the provision of plant equipment, safety systems and personal protective equipment required to control the risk of hazards in the work area.
- Manage and develop site JHAs and ensure training is completed as required.
- Audit permits that are issued for such activities as welding, confined space entry, powered industrial truck operation, etc. If permits are not issued or completed correctly, notify the appropriate department head.
- Lead Emergency Response team and ensure plant-wide training.
- Maintain site First Aid log and work with the HRBP to ensure OSHA log accuracy.
- Ensure that the facility and all contractors/vendors comply with all Federal, State and Local environmental Regulations and permits. Report all violations to the Regional Environmental Director.
- Conduct regular environmental audits to ensure compliance with corporate and government standards.
- Maintain all required records and submit all required reports to the regulatory agencies (EPA, etc.) on a timely basis and interface with regulatory agency personnel.
- Conduct environmental training for plant personnel.
- Maintain corporate licenses and obtain required EHS permits (e.g. POTW, EPA, etc.) for the process and/or equipment or discharges generated at the facility.
- Report all NOVs, permit requests, permit exceedances, inspectors/external inquiries, slug discharge to wastewater, incidents (e.g., large spills), state or federal regulations (EPA) notices or policy changes to Corporate Environmental team for legal verification and approval.
- Monitor Wastewater discharges for flow and surcharge increases (if applicable).
- Monitor Water, Electric, and Gas Usage, including on-site meter readings and utility bills for energy savings and discrepancies.
- Manage Recycling Programs (Cardboard, Plastic, Wooden Pallets, Metal Scrap, etc.)
- Coordinate sustainability projects and/or initiatives, such as lighting and equipment upgrades, energy audits, compressed air leak repairs, sustainable cleaning methods, etc. with Engineering, third-party, and corporate.
- Communicate progress of sustainability programs and energy savings to management and employees through meetings, postings, and email.
- Identify inefficiencies in energy, water, and recycling and communicate them with management.
- Drive improvements and training on processes that improve recycling, and energy and water usage.
- Report any additional waste streams and costs to Corporate Sustainability Management for accurate sustainability reporting.
1-3 years’ experience in successfully coordinating safety and/or environmental activities in a manufacturing setting.
A Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Sciences or a related field, with strong knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/08/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Cynthia Renee' Speas at Renee.Speas@flocorp.com or 903 617-2111.
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods