Hybrid (Malmö, Sweden)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
In this role, you will get to craft the way players encounter friends and foes in our fantasy world. You will collaborate with different teams to create cohesive gameplay that defines interaction and rewards our players.
What you will do:
- Facilitate and create encounters with both NPC and players
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams to implement multiplayer game systems and gameplay mechanics.
- Use our proprietary tools to design, prototype, and test gameplay mechanics while identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Operate effectively where you must balance hands-on implementation and high-level direction.
- Create and develop game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game.
- Developing rules for reward systems and game achievements.
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations.
Who you are:
- Accomplished game designer with relevant experience, preferably AAA titles where you worked on encounters, NPC battles, or similar.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to full, fun, and functional game experiences.
- You have thorough experience with combat design, encounter design, NPC encounter, or something similar topic from your previous work on a AAA title.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, able to look past immediate technical constraints.
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö, and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.