Hybrid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
We are now ready to announce to the world that we are looking for a Gameplay Director who can deliver multiplayer across multiple platforms, focusing clearly on delivering an outstanding game experience.
What you will do:
- Define and communicate the gameplay vision within the overall game vision of our multiplayer title.
- Develop clear models and frameworks for the team to deliver high quality gameplay that achieves the game vision.
- Represent gameplay design in the game management team.
- Work with directors, leads, and teams to realize the gameplay vision across the title.
- Clearly communicate gameplay expectations throughout all phases of development.
- Help develop and mentor lead game designers and game designers.
- Establish culture and best practices for design within the team.
- Define gameplay priorities throughout development.
- Provide constant constructive feedback to deliver high quality results
Who you are:
- A creative leader with extensive experience at developing and directing AAA multiplayer gameplay, for at least 1 AAA title.
- Experienced in the practical and hands-on full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from an initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experience.
- You are skilled at both progressions, but also second-to-second gameplay design.
- Effective at directing prototypes as well as full feature implementation to get to high quality quickly.
- A mentor who is comfortable guiding designers to grow their craft.
- An effective communicator able to clearly communicate both upwards and to the team.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.