To set up, adjust and maintain automated packaging machinery, equipment and conveyors. Responsible for quality and quantity of work produced by assigned equipment.
- Responsible for operating production line equipment utilizing good manufacturing practices (GMP's) and TBC safety guidelines. Responsible for maintaining established quality levels and tolerances for all TBC products.
- Responsible for accurate recording of production and process specific data and making on-line adjustments to maximize efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Sets up line for daily production runs; figures, checks, verifies/signs off on code dates and unit costs. Coordinates daily flow of work to be accomplished throughout day such as re-works, etc.
- Turns on equipment and checks to insure all are operational. Insure proper daily records are accurate and maintained per product run.
- Reviews production schedule at the start of each shift to determine production run requirements and readjusts line and effects changeover by setting up assigned equipment for change in material, size, product or for change of pack pattern. Tests equipment for quality of operation when changeover is completed.
- Analyzes mechanical or operational problems and takes corrective action. May draw on plant services, maintenance and electrical shops for assistance. Responsible for calling maintenance and submitting work orders if needed in a timely fashion if/when unable to rectify problem. Also coordinates regularly with Lead Person and Production Supervisor on all packaging issues.
- Examines finished pack for conformity with quality specifications and records data. Checks product for visual attractiveness and/or defects. Analyzes line spoilage to discover cause and takes corrective action.
- Makes preventive maintenance checks during course of shift and takes appropriate corrective action and advises supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action required.
- Assist in training other production associates in their essential job duties and safety precautions required when working with equipment and assists in the training of new machine operators.
- Must be able to efficiently set up, operate, adjust and maintain packaging machinery (carton erectors, wrappers, tri-liner, tray erector, over-wraps, label machines)
- Assists in end of shift clean-up of work area. Insures product is packed out, tubs of product covered, dated, weighed and identified and cripples are put away in cooler.
- Performs additional duties of a similar nature and level of responsibility as might be required.
- At least one year of experience as a machine operator or in a maintenance capacity preferably in a food/manufacturing environment.
- Packaging machine operator experience or general industrial maintenance experience in other job shop operations may be substituted.
- Existing Employees must have demonstrated ability to perform the functions of the job in a Back-Up capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to perform simple mathematical computations by hand or calculator required.
- Knowledge of basic maintenance techniques and hand tools preferred.
- Must maintain non-disciplinary status with regard to job performance and attendance record.
- Ability to accept position responsibility and empowerment and be able to efficiently perform the functions of the job with minimal supervision required.
- Must satisfactorily meet testing/training requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability and willingness to work within and contribute to a team environment.
• High school diploma or equivalency
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/21/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michelle G Gussom at Michelle.Gussom@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods