Hybrid (Copenhagen, Denmark)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
We are seeking a Lead Gameplay Programmer for the Project Fantasy. Glacier, our state-of-the-art engine technology, is part of our success as a studio. Built around visual scripting and hot-reloading to enable completely data-driven WYSIWYG game development, our game development engine was designed from the ground-up to enable faster iterations on content creation, tweaking and debugging. This has been achieved through a highly-optimized Runtime Resource System, a powerful Live Editor and an on-demand Asset Pipeline.
What you will do:
- You’ll work across multiple areas within the core gameplay domain: characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions, to name a few.
- You’ll work primarily in C++, creating code, systems, and visual building blocks for our designers to be used in Glacier, our in-house technology, via our integrated Visual Scripting Language.
- You will interact and collaborate on shared technology with other adjacent domains, particularly animtech, multiplayer and AI.
- As a part of a game team, you will collaborate with other programmers, designers and content creators, to build and enrich the game, while adhering to the main vision set by the Game Director, and in accordance with the guidelines defined by the Technical Director on the project.
- You will collaborate and help other gameplay programmers across the studio, to strengthen our shared codebase and build cross-project robust systems, in accordance with the long-term objectives set for our studio’s technology.
- Provide candid and compassionate feedback in bi-weekly 1:1s with every team member & Coach and mentor people in the team and the company
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of professional gameplay programming experience, on a AAA title, preferably multiplayer.
- You will work day-to-day in C++, so we expect you have a strong foundation and understanding of the best practices.
- You have hands-on experience with gameplay features implementation, such as: systems, characters, cameras, control scheme, weapons and items, abilities and progression, environments, and interactions.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.