Hybrid (Malmö, Sweden)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
Join our project as a Lead Environment Artist and create a living, breathing fantasy world. Place your passion for fantasy in new environments, and be part of creating this new genre at IOI.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with team members together with the Art Director and Associate Art Director on the project, in creating in creating in-game environments.
- Share knowledge with team members as needed and collaborate in achieving outstanding environments.
- Block out gray box levels, meeting level design requirements and collaborate with level designers, while also creating conceptually interesting spaces.
- Translate concepts into game assets by creating modular and reusable assets.
- Be responsible for the final art asset production for certain parts of the game.
- Prepare for outsourcing handouts and give feedback on deliveries from our outsourcing partners.
- When required, assist lighting artists and effects artist in their work for game environments.
- Work closely with technical artists, using a mix of third party and proprietary tools, setting up art for optimal execution and displaying in our game engine.
Who you are:
- You are a well-versed game artist with 5+ years in the AAA space, and have worked on at least one AAA title.
- You have in-depth understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making.
- You can do thorough optimization of environments and assets, making them ready to be placed in-engine. We work with our proprietary engine, Glacier.
- Have experience in one or more 3D applications (3ds Max, Maya, or other).
- Experience in one or more 3D sculpting applications (Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Sculptris, or other).
- Experience working with art fundamentals including framing, lighting, etc.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.