Valencia, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
In this position, you will participate in providing patient care in the ambulatory setting, recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms and providing support during life threatening emergencies. You will perform basic administrative, clerical and technical supportive services as needed.
Salary Range: $27.24-$35.94
* A medical assistant diploma or certificate as follows:
1. Documentation of completing of a medical assistant program from a medical assistant school that is accredited by ASSCS, ACCET, CAAHEP or ABHES
2. Documentation of national certification for medical assistant issued by CMA, NCCT or AMT
3. Documentation of completing a medical assistant program and demonstrated completion of no less than 10 clock hours of training in administering injections and performing skin tests; 10 hours of training in venipuncture and skin puncture for the purpose of withdrawing blood; at least 10 of each intramuscular, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections and 10 skin tests, and/or at least 10 venipuncture and 10 skin punctures; 10 hours of training in administering medical by inhalation.
* Skill and knowledge to maintain current Medical Assistant Certification or diploma
* Minimum of six months of working experience as a Medical Assistant in a healthcare setting
* Possession of active CPR certification/BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
* Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform physical examinations and procedures
* Ability to take vital signs, perform injections, administer medications, and obtain drug refills
* Knowledge of symptomatology of common and/or life threatening medical problems and assessing abnormal laboratory values
* Ability to use a computerized patient care systems and proficiency with the Windows operating system
* Ability to be highly flexible, travel to multiple work sites within UCLA Health community based practices and work a variable schedule
* Possession of Phlebotomy Certification