Jackson, MS, USA
University of Mississippi Medical Center
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID:
Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Main Campus Jackson
Nurse Practitioner -SOM-Neurosurgery – Hattiesburg
To manage and provide patient medical care and promotes patient health and wellness by assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate patient care in collaboration with a physician and in accordance with UMMC, state, and federal requirements and guidelines. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an approved nurse practitioner program and hold national certification. Must have Mississippi APRN license or eligible for Mississippi APRN license.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Mississippi APRN license or eligible for Mississippi APRN license. Must obtain nurse practitioner certification from the Mississippi Board of Nursing prior to hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of nursing care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools and programs.
- Completes health assessments (patient histories and physical exams).
- Orders, collects, and interprets relevant laboratory and other diagnostic tests.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive patient care plans based on patient assessments. Plans include, but are not limited to patient and family education, prescriptions, additional lab and diagnostic testing, and therapies.
- Ensures complete documentation of patient assessments, patient care plans, and care provided.
- Serves as educator and mentor to graduate nursing students and new hire advance practice providers.
- Functions as expert/resource to nursing staff in area of specialty.
- Serves on at least one nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care or work area. Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Directs the management of patient care on designated patient care unit.
- Directs overall operations of designated patient care unit that include making rounds, interviewing patients, collaborating with physicians and other health care team members to ensure optimum patient care.
- Identifies, establishes, directs, evaluates, and reports clinic/unit based quality improvement activities to enhance the delivery of clinical care at university of Mississippi healthcare.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, occasional standing, frequent twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt:
Job Posting Date:
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):