Under general supervision, perform a variety of piping trade functions in the installation, maintenance and repair of pipe systems of water, steam, air, ammonia, oil, etc. needed for sanitation, heat, power, waste disposal, fire protection, and other uses in the bakery.
• Performs repairs, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
• Install, maintain and repair all pipe systems, pressure systems and pressure kettles in the entire bakery.
• Works from blueprints, drawings, layout or other written or verbal instructions.
• Make standard computations as to size, weight, type and quantity of pipes, fittings, etc..
• Plans sequence of operations to effect repairs with minimum of time and expense.
• Cut, bend, connect and assemble various size pipe, using hand or power driven machines.
• Install piping supports and hangers, in walls or floors with air hammer, saw or drill. Apply suitable insulation where required.
• Make standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications.
• Use hand tools such as wrenches, reamers, drills, hammers, chisels, saws, torches for burning, soldering, brazing and heliarc welding.
• Responds to and corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdown. Repairs/replaces worn/defective parts, devices, etc.
• May do welding repairs, except pressure welding.
• Make boiler and refrigeration repairs permissible under code.
• Repair and adjust all regulating and / or cut off devices used on all fluid and gas systems.
• Maintain, diagnose, exchange or repair pumps of all types.
• Make minor repairs and recalibrate recorders and pneumatics controllers.
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic and hydraulic systems throughout the bakery.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area.
• Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
• Follows established Company Policies & Procedures, Sanitary Codes, and Safety Requirements.
• Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
• Performs other essential and non-essential duties as directed by supervision.
• May supervise the work of helpers and apprentices on assignment.
• Operates Powered Industrial Equipment as required.
• Practices preventative maintenance by replacing worn or defective parts with items obtained from stock or by fabrication before they break or damage the product or the machine.
• Runs, inspects, adjusts and repairs, if necessary, all machinery prior to and during production run.
• Completes work orders as assigned.
• Completes daily work cards and other paperwork, documenting work activities and man hours.
• Four years apprenticeship or Journeyman’s plumber’s license or equivalent experience. Two years additional experience in piping work, including refrigeration and air conditioning, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 05/23/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michelle G Gussom at Michelle.Gussom@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods