Plans, manages and directs the work of Production and other manufacturing supervisors. Ensures cost effective, quality production of products according to standards. Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
• Plan direct, schedule and control the activities of department supervisors.
• Monitor employees to ensure production schedule is met.
• Ensure equipment is in good working order by communicating needs to the Maintenance Department.
• Ensure required inspections are up to date.
• Review and analyze production reports both daily and periodically with supervisors to develop periodic and annual objectives.
• Interview candidates and make hiring recommendations.
• Conduct regularly scheduled communications meetings with supervisors to share information and hear suggestions and concerns.
• Counsel supervisors on performance, attendance, and disciplinary matters.
• Appraise and review the performance of supervisors and monitors.
• Document infractions regarding rules, regulations, policies, safety, sanitation, housekeeping, etc.and any problems regarding discipline.
• Administer vacation and personal holidays.
• Two or more years of supervisor experience in a production environment.
• Understanding of preventive maintenance concepts.
• Ability to apply team concepts to achieve team objectives.
• Interpersonal training and coaching experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated success managing in a union environment.
• Ability to represent the Department to various levels of management and employees in all types of situations. Strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to problem solve and analyze line operations with minimal guidance.
• Requires the ability to incorporate creative and innovative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently.
• Able to maintain a positive and composed attitude while performing within stressful situations and handling complex issues.
• Able to handle sensitive/confidential information.
• Must be a team player.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access preferred.
• Able to perform according to physical requirements.
• Able to work a flexible schedule and meet the demands of a 24 hour a day operation.
• Associate or higher college degree.
• Completion of formal management skills training program.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/21/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michelle G Gussom at Michelle.Gussom@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods