Directs the operation of shift production, including checking formulas, assigning work tasks, monitoring procedures and schedules to ensure adherence to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
• Ensures that production technicians and outsourced labor are properly instruct-ed in the care and safe operation of equipment and monitors employee use of such equipment.
• Reviews records and procedures to ensure proper use of time and materials. Performs continuous inspections of the product to ensure quality standards are met.
• Ensures that all equipment is in good operating condition.
• Promotes positive employee relations and interdepartmental communication and cooperation.
• Ensures a safe working environment for all personnel through enforcement of safetypolicies and procedures, including inspections and periodic safety meetings, etc.
• Plans and adjusts work assignments of personnel to cover all phases of production.
• Position may be responsible for operating the facility metal detector(s). For this job responsibility, operator must be fully trained and certified.
• Ensures employee compliance with work rules.
• Assists with employee training.
• Makes recommendations on disciplinary action and otherwise participates in the disciplinary action process as necessary.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
• Performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures
• Two (2) or more years experience in all areas of plant production work.
• High School diploma or equivalence. Completion of AIB Bakery Science Residence Program.
• Completion of formal management skills training program.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 05/26/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Richard Paul Lacour at Richard.Lacour@flocorp.com or 337 265-4225.
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods