The production technician is capable of contributing to all phases of the team-oriented production process. Included is the operation of automated production equipment, primary diagnosis of machinery failures, aiding in preventative maintenance, and sanitation of all related equipment. Technicians are expected to become fully versed in the entire production process. Therefore, technicians must be flexible and adaptable as they are required to rotate job assignments throughout production, to monitor both equipment and product according to acceptable standards, and to make real- time, accurate decisions that affect order fulfillment and product quality. In addition, it is the responsibility of the technician to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and their fellow technicians. Position requires the ability to master the use of Enterprise software including data input that impacts production and financial systems, data retrieval, reporting, and other functions as instructed. Position ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.). Position performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
• Checks and adheres to production work schedule for job assignments and work reporting times.
• Technicians may be assigned to operate facility metal detector(s); therefore, all technicians must be fully trained and certified.
• Performs start-up/shut-down sanitation and limited preventative maintenance on machinery.
• Ensures that work areas are clean, organized, and adhere to applicable safety rules at all times.
• Checks and maintains production schedules, running order, and formulas.
• Scales and stages ingredients according to standards.
• Ensures that all product is loaded into proper containers.
• Performs quality control inspections and continuously monitors for acceptable governmental and company standards.
• May be called on to provide scheduled breaks for Production Technicians on assigned shift.
• Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team.
• Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
• Two (2) or more years of related experience.
• High School diploma or equivalency plus successful completion of a technical certification course (i.e., HVAC, auto maintenance/repair, etc.). Equivalent military training, other related technical training, or successful completion of at least 45 college credit hours may be substituted for technical training. A technical certification course may include the completion of the AIB “Science of Baking” course.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 05/26/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Robert Eugene Brown at Robert.E.Brown@flocorp.com or 865 362-7532.
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods