Gathers and test products for quality control purposes. Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
- Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Supervisor, performs evaluations of ingredients and products in various stages of production.
- Obtains samples of ingredients/product at regular intervals.
- Evaluates the samples: weight, color, bake, etc.
- Perform microbiological tests.
- Routinely makes recommendations for processing.
- Originate and maintain accurate records.
- Checks Metal Detectors.
- Performs mathematical calculations on weight and logs information of proper paperwork.
- Maintain flour-tailing reports.
- Trains new Lab Technicians II as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area(s).
- Practices and complies with all company policies and procedures including safety and work rules, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervision.
- Ensures that all internal and external food safety and quality policies and procedures are followed
- Practices and complies with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.).
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
One (1) year previous experience in similar Quality Assurance lab.
High school Diploma equivalency.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/10/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Billie Cherae Walker at Billie.Walker@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods