Salary range - $60000 – $70000 / year.
The Route Sales Director (RSD) is responsible for managing company Route Sales Supervisors (RSS), Route Sales Representatives (RSR), and Route Sales Trainees (RST). Position is to manage customer relationships, engage in sales activities, grow customer base, seek new selling opportunities on the routes, and track sales data. Position will be responsible for developing recommended sales strategies to build sales, the customer base, and brand recognition. RSDs will work independently with minimal supervision. RSDs will review and analyze pertinent sales to drive compliance to company and customer marketing requirements. This position will provide updates and recommendations to the Company- Sales Operations Director and Company- Market Vice President to discuss ways to improve customer relationships and increase selling opportunities.
Position will require flexibility to work during non-traditional working hours and possibly on weekends and holidays.
Positions requires an incumbent with an eagerness to gain industry knowledge and to learn the skills necessary for success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Motivate and lead a team of Route Sales Supervisors, Route Sales Representatives and Route Sales Trainees. Strengthen Route Sales execution and moral by properly following up on all associate concerns, giving clear and consistent direction and ensuring a safe workplace
• Oversee general business operations and activities on assigned company operated routes
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment in carrying out job duties
• Manage route performance to the key performance indicators; drive compliance to best practices of Lepage company route sales requirements. Master the best practices of the Route Sales training program
• Meet with customers regularly to promote additional sales and brand awareness. Plan and maintain a schedule of regular key account visits to build rapport and generate increased sales
• Collaborate with Company- Sales Operations Director and Company- Market Vice President to analyze market and route operations to identify voids and sales opportunities and reduce cost
• Conduct weekly reviews with Company- Sales Operations Director and Company- Market Vice President to monitor personal growth objectives
• Stay current on consumer insights and adjust sales strategies accordingly
• Call on potential opportunities to acquire new customers
• Work with Route Sales Supervisors, Route Sales Representatives, Route Sales Trainees, and retail management on product promotions, displays, and other opportunities to build sales
• Establish and maintain strong customer relations to effectively communicate sales solutions and improve customer satisfaction. Track market conditions for customers as needed (business reviews)
• Manage daily route settlement requirements of RSSs, RSRs and RSTs: ensure accurate product quantities,
accurate invoicing, accurate inventory counts and adherence to the cash collection policy. Ensure routes balance
• As needed, operate company routes, and provide coverage of routes to ensure service to customers is not
jeopardized or interrupted
• Recruit, interview, hire and train new Route Sales Representatives and Route Sales Specialists
• Issue performance improvement plans as needed to ensure adherence to the requirements and standards of
Lepage Bakeries Route Sales program
• Master the best practices of the Route Sales training program
• Must be able to obtain DOT medical certification to drive a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
• Must meet the Fleet insurance Guidelines in relation to your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record)
• Ensure compliance of assigned company operated routes to all company policies, Department of Transportation
(DOT) policies, as well as local and federal regulations
• Review company fleet and property regularly to ensure trucks and all company property (warehouses, trays,
dollies) are always in safe working order and up to the standards of the company
• Safely and efficiently operate a vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) more than 10,000 pounds
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Sarbanes – Oxley, Safety,
• Perform other duties which are deemed to be an integral part of the position, including but not limited to
fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies,
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in general management or sales
Minimum of 1 year in retail sales in food and beverage preferred
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Sales or Business Administration
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 07/14/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Sarah Biagiotti at Sarah.Biagiotti@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods