Support the Environmental Safety and Sustainability (ESS) Manager in the development, implementation and sustaining of cost-effective environmental, health, safety, and security programs that ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, including but not limited to EPA, OSHA, and corporate guidelines. Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive environmental, safety, health, and security program aligned with Division and Corporate business strategy. Requires constant interaction with other departments throughout the Company including sales centers as needed. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
- Interface with department leadership and employees to ensure safety accountability at all levels. Ability to educate employees to identify and control risk exposures, reinforce safe behaviors, redirect unsafe actions, and drive a speak-up culture.
- Develop and maintain training materials for new hire orientation and annual env/safety programs utilizing the company’s training management system and schedule and conduct classroom trainings. Track bakery and warehouse em-ployees’ training status completion on a monthly and annual basis.
- Maintain (create/update) written safety programs and complete all duties specified by the corresponding safety and environmental regulations; hearing conservation, hazard communication, control of hazardous energy (lockout ta-gout), spill prevention, control, and countermeasure, etc.
- Promote safety awareness by issuing Toolbox Talks, Safety Coachings, and Safety Alerts to bakery personnel as required and maintain safety postings and bulletin boards.
- Manage and utilize EHS Management software implementation, develop software reporting applications and continue improving management software utilization.
- Manage all EHS Management applications, completing injury/incident reports, safety inspections, safety observations, lockout tagout, and job hazard analysis, etc.
- Lead injury and illness investigations, analyze root causes to determine corrective actions, and report findings to senior management and appropriate departments. Be an instrumental asset in the implementation of necessary corrective or preventative actions to enhance the safety of the work environment.
- Work directly with the HR dept. to track and manage all work-related injury/illness worker’s compensation cases and ensure appropriate medical treatment is provided to promote employees’ return to work.
- Prepare annual and biannual government reports and permit renewals for TBC bakery and warehouses; OSHA 300 logs, residual waste reports, chemical inventory reports, air, and stormwater permit requirements, etc.
- Complete weekly, monthly, and annual safety and environmental inspections/audits to comply with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as corporate requirements. Be familiar with all required records and their corresponding regulatory agency (OSHA, EPA, DEP, AMS, etc.).
- Responsible to monitor and order safety supplies, schedule annual fire drills, maintain first aid stations and AEDs, schedule employee audiograms and management CPR/AED training, and complete administrative duties as needed.
- Must be adaptable to a flexible work schedule including weekends as required to meet business needs.
- Maintain a clean and well organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 2 to 5 years minimal Safety related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of progressive education and experience preferably within an industrial food manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and experience with effective communications with OSHA CFRs, specifically knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 & EPA 40 CFR regulations
- 2+ years of administrative experience. Previous experience in Employee Training/Auditing/Compliance required. Demonstrated success and/or experience managing within a union environment
- Ability to represent the Department to various levels of management and employees in all types of situations. Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to problem solve and analyze safety related situations with minimal guidance. Requires the ability to incorporate creative and innovative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently
- Able to maintain a positive and composed attitude while performing within stressful situations and handling complex issues. Able to handle sensitive/confidential information
- Must be a team player. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required and experience with Access and mechanical aptitude preferred. SAP experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills required. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate excellent time management skills and be able to speak publicly
- Self-motivated and able to work within deadlines with minimum supervision required. Able to perform according to physical requirements
- Able to work a flexible schedule and meet the demands of a 24 hour a day operation
- Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 06/16/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michelle G Gussom at Michelle.Gussom@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods