Hybrid (Malmö, Sweden)
A passion for fantasy worlds has long been ingrained in our studio, and at last we can announce we have embarked on a journey into that beloved realm. With a party of veteran IOI guild members and new wizards and sorceresses of the industry, we are building an ambitious new IP for console and PC that will revolutionize the online fantasy RPG genre. If you share a similar passion for creating welcoming, heartfelt, bold and impactful worlds, join us and together we will write the next chapter in IOI’s history.
As a Senior Combat Designer, you will get to design the movements, camera, abilities, and rhythm of combat that play a big part in the experience and sit at the heart of the project. We are laying the foundations, and we want you to play a key role in it.
What you will do:
- Develop and oversee the player’s combat mechanics, weapons and abilities.
- Drive core combat systems such as camera and enemies.
- Work closely with animators, gameplay programmers, and other teams to prototype and implement combat features.
- Take designs through a full development cycle from concept to release.
- Use metrics, player feedback, and a multitude of diverse analytics to improve and refine the design.
Who you are:
- Experience as a Combat Designer on multiple titles for at least 5 years.
- Shipped at least one AAA game where you were heavily involved in, or in charge of, player combat mechanics and abilities.
- Experienced with visual scripting languages (Blueprint, Node Graphs, and so on).
- You have a passion for, and a deep understanding of, third-person combat mechanics and have thoroughly played a wide variety of different titles.
- You like working with hands-on prototypes.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who we are:
IO Interactive is an independent videogame development and publishing company with studios in Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona. As the creative force behind some of the most talked-about multiplatform video games in the last decade, we are committed to creating unforgettable characters and experiences – all powered by our award-winning, proprietary Glacier technology.
We know that to achieve those goals, we need courage, talented people and a great working environment – and we do our utmost to have all of that. Across our multiple studios, we’re working on several projects. Crucially though, we’re all one team. We value the work and impact that each person brings to the table and we actively encourage new ideas, whilst listening to your insights along the way.
We have a dedicated team of People Managers, who look after you as an individual and as an employee. With more than 40 nationalities, we know that everyone is different and we are proud to have a reputation for being a friendly workplace with highly-talent people.