Los Angeles, CA, USA
Play an important role in the success of a world-class health organization. Maintain an environment that enhances customer satisfaction and patient safety. Take your career to the next level. You Can do all this and more at UCLA Health. As a Sr. Custodian, you will clean and dust patient rooms, isolation rooms, nursing stations, ancillary rooms, exam rooms, procedure rooms, conference rooms, offices, hallways, corridors, public areas, etc. You will sweep, strip and waxes floors as well as clean vertical and horizontal surfaces using approved cleaning solutions. These duties involve operating vacuum cleaners, buffers, wall washing machines, shampoo machines and floor machines. You will also perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Salary range: $18.90-$24.43 Hourly
* Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy while directing co-workers.’
* Ability to interact effectively with patients, customers and associates in a way that exhibits superior integrated customer service and teamwork.
* Ability to operate all types of housekeeping equipment (vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, auto scrubbers, pressure / steam cleaning machine etc).
* Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
* Ability to take initiative and follow through.
* Ability to work within defined time constraints.
* Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
* Must be able to frequently:
* Bend waist while standing.
* Lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Stoop and squat.
* Twisting and bending of the neck forward and backward.