Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Gameplay Animator to join our Zombies team in Vancouver. You will create top-quality animations that push the boundaries of gameplay, storytelling, and technology while inspiring the rest of the team. The ideal candidate should have a passion for animation and a strong understanding of principles, body mechanics, Maya, and motion-capture editing techniques.
As a successful candidate, you will collaborate with the engineering and design teams to identify and solve potential issues. You should possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
In this role, you will work closely with the Lead Animator to drive the animation vision and be an integral part of the team. Additionally, you will provide valuable insights that will influence animation technology development, resources, and tool development.
What you’ll be doing…
- Produce top-quality gameplay/AI animation using the available tools, with opportunities to also work on in-game cinematics and vignettes.
- Collaborate with animators, designers, artists, and software engineers to identify areas that need attention and come up with solutions to address them.
- Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes for creating and implementing animations.
- Participate in animation concept development to help shape gameplay ideas.
- Identify potential risks and implement mitigation plans before issues arise while maintaining high productivity levels.
To succeed you should have…
- You should have a deep understanding of realistic body mechanics and animation principles.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and animation implementation and debugging techniques.
- Experience implementing system-based gameplay/AI animations in a game engine.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to solve problems independently.
- 5+ years of proven experience in the game industry, including senior animator experience on at least one AAA title.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Facial animation experience.
- Creature animation experience.
- Storyboarding skills.
- Camera animation skills.
- Experience working with outsourcing.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.