Playa Vista, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Do you walk into a space and immediately imagine how it would play in a video game? Do you find yourself thinking of ways to make the space better, how you could improve it to make it an engaging player experience? So do we!
Treyarch is looking for a talented level designer to join our Warzone team. As a Senior Level Designer, you will work on production content for Call of Duty Warzone and other large map experiences. If you’re excited about building realistic, well-crafted maps that will be enjoyed by millions of Call of Duty fans across the world, then come join our team.
What you’ll do…
- Own significant sections of the game world and work autonomously in your day-to-day work.
- Collaborate with industry veterans across multiple departments, Design Leadership, and other partners to design fun, realistic spaces that embody a creative vision.
- Provide feedback to others and accept team-wide feedback to iterate on designs in a creatively fluid development environment.
- Develop and maintain documentation, standard methodologies, and design techniques.
- Contribute to the growth of the Warzone team by mentoring other designers.
- Work with your manager to plan your tailored career path at Treyarch.
To succeed you should have…
- Prior experience on published AAA titles as a Level Designer.
- Clear and proactive communication skills.
- Ability to manage your time effectively, delegate tasks and multitask.
- Ability to execute design concepts such as level flow, engagement design, and pacing.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks in deadlines and assignment scope.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Experience with the Radiant level editor.
- Experience crafting large-scale multiplayer spaces.
- Experience sculpting realistic terrain.
- Mod community experience.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.