Santa Monica, CA, USA
In this role, you will provide direct patient care for a diverse patient population. You will work with clinic management, administration, faculty physicians, fellows, residents, medical students, and other clinical staff to include LVN’s and MA’s and ancillary personnel in providing total patient care, maintaining high standards of care and recognizing normal and abnormal signs and symptoms of life threatening emergencies. You will also coordinate and prioritize tasks and protocols established by the department.
Salary Range: $33.60 -$44.33/hourly
* Possess license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners with IV therapy and blood withdrawal certification
* Possession of BLS/CPR certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
* Performs phlebotomy, CPR, Injections, and other skills within scope of practice
* Ability to take vital signs, administer medications and obtain drug refills as needed
* Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and report to the physician
* Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problems
* Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, Windows computer function, computer navigation, and ability to use computerized patient care systems.
* Knowledge of all safety requirements when handling biohazardous specimens or contaminated instruments
* Interpersonal skills in maintaining a cooperative working environment with the physicians, staff, and all health providers
* Verbal skills to effectively convey sensitive information in a courteous manner in person or on the telephone Preferred:
* Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to perform physical examinations and/or procedures
* 6+ months of LVN experience