Performs scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and installation tasks on the physical plant, equipment and machinery, according to standards. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
- • Operate, maintain and repair boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
• Operate, maintain and repair HVAC/R equipment including refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature
• Operate, monitor, maintain and repair air compressors, chilled water systems, thermal oil systems and waste water pretreatment system.
• Completes daily checklist, fills out all logs and paperwork.
• Examines machines and equipment to locate and to diagnose the source of trouble.
• Plans sequence of operations to effect repairs with minimum of time and expense.
• Reports major problems to the Supervisor for decisions.
• Works with blueprints, drawings, layout, or written or verbal instructions.
• Makes standard shop computations relating to stress, strength of materials, centers of gravity, direction, rotation, speeds, etc.
• Maintains cleanliness of work areas and mechanical rooms.
• Practice and comply with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
• Follows established Company Policies & Procedures, Sanitary Codes, and Safety Requirements.
• May supervise the work of helpers and apprentices on assignment.
• Operates Powered Industrial Equipment as required.
• Practices preventative maintenance by replacing worn or defective parts with items obtained from stock or by fabrication before they break or damage the product or the machine.
• Runs, inspects, adjusts and repairs, if necessary, all machinery prior to and during production runs.
• Completes work orders as assigned.
• Completes daily work cards and other paperwork, documenting work activities and man hours.
• Assists in emergencies as needed.
• Shift coverage is a requirement when opposite shift personnel are out or on vacation.
• Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
• Performs other essential and non-essential duties as directed by supervision.
• At least two (2) years plant experience involving industrial equipment applications with a working knowledge of boilers, air compressors, HVAC systems and chillers.
• Philadelphia Engineer grade A license and EPA certification.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 05/23/2023. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michelle G Gussom at Michelle.Gussom@flocorp.com or .
Source: Jobs at Flowers Foods