Playa Vista, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Treyarch Studios is looking for a passionate VFX Artist to help us create photo-realistic particle effects for a high-profile action-packed AAA title. This position requires strong artistic sensibilities and technical skills, where we’re looking for someone passionate about making great games, who is an excellent problem-solver, and an effective communicator. If you think that describes you then we’d love to speak with you further!
What you’ll do…
- Create photo-real particle systems for game environments and scripted moments, as well as destructible assets, and coinciding particle systems.
- These may include real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, natural environments, and everything in between using our proprietary toolset, as well as set dressing for levels with ambient atmospheric effects that produce beautiful photo-realistic game moments.
- Work closely with art directors/leads, lighting, design, sound, animation, and production to bring levels and features to life.
- Create textures and/or meshes to use in particle effects with various 2D and 3D applications.
- Create detailed documentation and/or presentations to share information with team members.
To succeed you should have…
- 3+ years of experience in AAA game development.
- Experience with simulation and VFX software like FumeFX, Houdini, Maya, Max, etc.
- Compositing knowledge (After Effects, Nuke, Fusion, Photoshop, etc.).
- Demo reel or website showing previous VFX work.
- Ability to work collaboratively between different departments as well as independently, and be able to drive initiatives through to completion.
- Eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy, and other particle aesthetics.
- Ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
- Experienced technical ability within VFX, and strong general skills in understanding multiple disciplines.
- Able to stay within budgets and understand platform limitations.
- Strong troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
We’d love it if you also have…
- Modeling and animation experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Perforce or other version control software.
- Understanding of scripting and programming concepts.
- Ability to perform rigid body and soft body simulations/animations.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.