We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. Our most widely known product is our game BeamNG.drive, which is now available on Steam in Early Access.
In order to support our project, we are looking for a passionate VFX / Unreal engine Programmer to create high-quality visual effects. Our tools will be used widely for supporting some movies to create a realistic vehicle simulation.
- First point of contact for VFX-related topics
- Support content developers/artists with solving technical problems and workflow issues
- Collaborate with the stakeholders, team leads to ensure the VFX projects are aligned with our vision
- Help us drive the development of our plugin tools for compositors
- Maintain seamless periodic communication and keep the art-development teams updated to avoid friction within the teams
- Identify blockers and produce quality work within the technical constraints of the project
- Research and develop new technologies for enhancing the visual quality or solving artistic challenges
- Experience developing plugins for motion graphics and video applications (Blender, Houdini, etc) in the VFX tool chain
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross-functional teams with engineers, artists, and management teams
- Excellent communication skills in English, able to convey complex information in a clear and suitable manner to a diverse audience
- Ability to think critically, understand complexities, and support day-to-day workflow
- Ambitious and desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
- Flexible working hours
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, and etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
- Language courses
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process starts with an introductory call with our HR team, continues a technical interview, and finally a stakeholder interview
Our journey began in 2013 and we’ve continued to expand as an independent studio since then. We are a team of over 70 employees of 25 nationalities with a headquarters in Bremen, Germany, and we are always on the lookout for expert talent to join us!
We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets, and all of them play a vital role in helping us establish and nurture the company’s culture and values. We are a guild of innovators, artists, engineers, and designers, who appreciate and embrace the diversity of our perspectives and know-how to apply them to grow together as a community and foster a healthy work environment.
Together, we are building a safe and inclusive atmosphere, with transparent processes to amplify individuality, empathy, respect, creativity, and continuous learning for all employees. Regardless of your identity or background, we would be happy to welcome your application if you feel inspired and want to become a part of our team! Skip writing lengthy cover letters and tell us more about your passion for gaming and why specifically BeamNG. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet all the criteria for a specific role, feel free to submit an unsolicited application.
To minimize bias throughout the hiring process, please submit your application in English.